Eden’s family hotel first operated as a butcher’s shop, then was added to and used as a hotel, Mrs Doran as licensee. Its name was changed to Commercial Hotel. W.N.(Steele) Rudd of Pambula bought the old hotel in 1917 from Mrs Crighton current licensee. Hotel was delicensed in 1925 due to instability of upper section. Steele’s son Charlie and Eddie Rowlands removed this, roofing over the lower floor as flats.
Building was finally demolished and area used for Eden Fishermen’s Club car park.