The Half House

The Half House in EdenThe Half House was the first two story building erected in Eden, which has now been restored as a private residence. It was built in 1850 and was thus nick-named because its planned extension onto the gabled roof at one end was never completed.

Like the Crown and Anchor the original slate roof has been replaced by corrugated iron. From 1868 when Mr Charles Kebby was the Eden Telegraph Station Master & line repairer and resided there, the Half House was used as a Post Office until 1885, and was subsequently used as an office of the Government Savings Bank.