Whiters Garage

Whiters Garage in 1948Constructed by Whiter Brothers, builder these premises were used for Wal Whiter’s expert motor repairs when Wal and his family came to Eden in 1939. Business name changed to Whiter’s Southern Motors Garage when Wal engaged three local youths as apprentice mechanics – Rene Davidson, Glenn Clements and Jim McGrath. Wal retired in 1973. Other occupants of the building between 1978-87 being Val Holder, followed by Deanars, then Miller’s market, all secondhand dealers.