Imlay Shire Council Chambers
THE IMLAY SHIRE COUNCIL CHAMBERS were located here after the local government shire act was passed in 1905. The first Imlay temporary shire council meeting being held in June 1906. Names were collected for the electoral rolls and the first council election in Imlay shire was held 24 November 1906. At the first permanent shire council meeting on 7 December W.S.Moorhead was elected president, F P Rodd shire clerk, and C W Bedford became shire engineer.