Edens’ oldest surviving building and first hotel is now used as a residence and B&B under the same name. An elegant regency building with local stone foundations, shingles (now covered by an iron roof), oyster shell mortar rendering, Australian red Cedar doors and plaster ceilings from lime, termite nest and cow hair binding.
It was completed in 1845 and its first licencee James Rixon was granted its liquor licence in the same year – just before the ‘Seahorse Inn’ was granted a licence at Boydtown. Looking across Ross’s Bay towards Eden. The Crown & Anchor can be clearly seen next the the “Half House”.